Sunday, March 16, 2008

snowboarding :) what fun!

Lots of people say that snowboarding is more fun than skiing, so today I decided to give it a try. I have always been a skier, and I'm pretty good at it. Good enough not to fall much at least. And I usually make it down the hill in pretty good time. I don't like moguls, but they are doable. Snowboarding on the other hand, has made me pretty sore. I immagine tomorrow my rear and my knee caps are going to be quite colorful :) I definitely took my share of the spills. I haven't fallen that much in all my time skiing put together!!! But wow, it sure was a blast!!! Yeah, the bunny hill got a bit boring, but there was a solution to that. Don't do the bunny hill! Do a bigger one! Get on the chair lift, never mind that you don't really know how you are going to get off without making a scene, and then have some fun falling! But I must say, towards the end of the day, I was starting to catch the idea and have some fun rides down the mountain, WITHOUT falling. And getting off the ski lift? No problem. Just stand up and slide.


Anyhow, that was the fun of the day. Of course, there is always that nagging thought that I should have been studying, but . . . I'm not sorry!

No comments: