Sunday, March 9, 2008

God's Hand

Wow, so it has been awhile since I updated everyone as to what has been going on in my life. I do finally have a job and I have now done two 48 hour shifts, with a combined total of 16 calls and over 1000 miles of riding in the ambulance!! Such an adventure! I was really nervous at first, especially when the first call came in for chest pain. My partner was telling me that if it was a real heart attack, I could be needing to do CPR before reaching the hospital 40 miles away. But it turned out to be someone faking the chest pain with good vitals and none of the body signs of heart attack. Whew! But now I'm getting more confident and learning to ask the right questions and make the right calls. Of course, so far nothing has been very emergent.

It was so amazing to me too, how God worked it out for me to work on the reservation. At first, I thought I would be working for a man named Marvis in the town of Wanblee (110 miles from where I live) where one of the ambulances is stationed. But then he said that Lori, from Kyle (80 miles away), was supposed to hire me on to her ambulance crew stationed there. But she never contacted me. I kept bugging the ambulance service, and finally they passed my application to Dennis, stationed in Lone Man (only 65 miles away), and he was the one who finally hired me on to his crew. I found out this last Thursday that Marvis, who was the originally going to hire me, had been arrested for not paying fines from several years back, and was going to court for trying to sexually assault one of his employees. Praise God I didn't end up working for him! Where I'm at I can trust the men I work with. Neither of them smoke or drink, and one is an ex-cop. So I count my blessings.

AND!!! to make life even more exciting!!!! God has opened the door for me to take the massage therapy course here at Black Hills as a self-study course so I can continue working and volunteering. I just have to do all the book work in my *free* time. So within six months I will be able to sit for my national exam to become a certified massage therapist. I'm soooo excited to see God leading! Its amazing what happens when we seek His kingdom first. Everything else just falls into place :)

So thats whats going on with me :) I would love to hear from you how God is leading in your life as well. If you like adventure, let God take control of your life, 'cause you never know where He will lead!

God bless you all!
Corrie

No comments: