Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I FINALLY have a job!

Wow, it took awhile, but I finally have a job down on the ambulance service in Pine Ridge. In fact, my first shift is tonight. I'm kinda nervous, but I'm sure that my memory won't fail me. I will head down there around 11:00pm so that I can get there when my shift starts at midnight. Makes me sleepy just thinking about staying up that late! But I know that God will sustain me. Thankfully, we won't be busy all the time, so I will be able to get some sleep and time for study in as well.

The base where I will be staying for my shift is in the town of Lone Pine, which is just 5 min. north of Oglala (on the reservation). It is a little single-wide mobile home with two bedrooms/two bath. Its actually quite a nice setup, since there are only two people there for each shift. There are beds for us to sleep on, TV to watch (if we want), a table to study at, and a computer we can use (but no internet :()

It makes me so happy to see God working in my life and providing for my needs. He gave me a job that will get me out of my comfort zone, and its only 65 miles away instead of 110 (the station they originally wanted me at was this far away). So starting tonight I will be getting experience in responding to and caring for emergencies and their victims.

No comments: