Monday, February 4, 2008

And its snowing again!!!

Wow, the Black Hills are beautifull in winter. I can't compare the hills here with the mountains we had in Oregon and Washington, but they sure do beat the flat of Nebraska!!!!! Its snowing again this morning. We have been having beautiful 40 degree days with lots of sunshine, but I guess that is over for a little while. The nice thing around here though is that the cold doesn't just go on and on. It comes and goes, so the snow never really builds up.

Life here is beautiful also. I am having a ton of fun working at the center in the mornings and then taking care of an elderly lady in the afternoons. Evenings are free time for study, reading, crafts, or whatever else I find to do. Tuesday evenings I get to go to the local volunteer fire department and hang out with a bunch of fun people. We play with our equipment or listen and learn from those wish to talk. Fact is, I don't have firefighter training, but they still gave me all the needed equipment and a pager so that when a call comes, I respond with the rest of them. So I will be getting on the job training even before taking classes and getting certified.

Last week Thursday (Jan. 31) I got to go to a rodeo!!!! It was an absolute blast!!! There were so many beautiful horses to see and of course, lots of guys getting thrown around like rag dolls. In the middle of the program there was a special show from a charro, or Mexican cowboy. His horse was an amazing silver white with a long mane and tail. The music started playing, and the horse came out dancing! He danced and pranced for a while before doing several bows to the audience. The rider then showed his skill with the rope by twirling the lariat all over and around both himself and the horse. It was amazing.

I have to say though, Sabbath is my favorite day of the week. Its the one day that people can be convinced to go for a hike out in the hills. This last Sabbath we hiked down into a canyon where there was a beautiful waterfall that had completely frozen over. The falls itself was also frozen. We played out on the ice for a while, than headed upstream on the frozen water for a couple of miles. It was just so amazing being out in nature with friends. After climbing out of the canyon, we hiked the ridge back to where the cars were waiting. I love going on this type of hike, because we were not following any trail. We could just go where we wanted to explore.

And that pretty much brings you up to date on my life just now. God is blessing and I know that I am where He wants me for now.

God bless!

Corrie

No comments: