Monday, February 11, 2008

God is Good

It struck me today while I was reading Early Writtings how far I still have to go to reach God's ideal for my life. She was saying that in these times in which we live, all of our free time should be spent studying the Word of God, becuase only by it are we going to be able to stand when the trials come. This really steps on my toes, because I have a hard time knowing how to really dig deep in the Bible. I can read it, and I see the many precious promises. But how do you dive in deep? She was also saying that one of the major problems in our time is that many of God's people neglect prayer, especially "secret prayer". That is something else that really steps on my toes. Then she was recounting how in one of her dreams, she saw Jesus but He was frowning upon her and was not pleased. What if He is frowning at me? I am so far below the ideal, and so are most of us, that I wonder who will be able to stand? How do you obtain the clean hands and the pure heart that David talks about in Psalms 24 as being the requirements for ascending the hill of the Lord (entering into His sanctuary)? As I was pondering these thoughts and feeling so overwhelmed by my own unworthiness, it was as if God placed a thought in my heart that brought me hope and peace. "Let me do the work! Just give me permission to change you! You don't have to do anything except surrender. I will finish the work that I have begun in you. I promise!" What an amazing God we serve!!!! Not only does He have a desire to reconcile us back to Himself, but He is willing and able to do whatever it takes to get us there. He will do the work! He has already made the sacrifice and paid the price. We just have to accept it and let Him take over our lives. I don't know about you, but I want Jesus to smile when He looks at me. And when He comes, I want to be one of the faithful. But now is the time to prepare to meet Him. Now is the time to surrender. Now is the time to allow Him to make intercession for me in the Most Holy Place of the heavenly sanctuary. It is past time for all of this. I'm convinced that Christ is coming soon. There is no time for focusing on what to eat, drink, and wear. God will take care of all that. Now is the time for heart searching and prayer.

Anyhow, these are just musings that have been running around in my brain all morning. I just needed to put them in words. I only pray that you will also hear God's Spirit talking to your heart and leading you in His path.

Corrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Sounds like you are having a good time. The hills sound amazing. We miss you here. I got on the Rescue Squad at Adams. I started tutoring at the college. It's been really fun. Turns out Rachel and I may be roommates next year. Well, Biochem and Ochem are calling me. Take care you!
Sandy