Monday, January 23, 2012

Hepler Happenings - an update on what God is doing in my life :)

Hi everyone!
Its time for another update on happenings in Hepler :) For those of you who don't have time to read the whole thing, I'm going to put a list of prayer requests here at the beginning. I would really appreciate it if you would remember these during your prayer time. God is working in marvelous ways, though sometimes He works differently from what we think He should. We have a list of things we think He should do, but we are learning to leave them in His hands, since we know that He will provide what He knows we need and in His time. It is such an awesome journey learning to trust Him completely! Please join us in lifting these requests before God! The more people praying, the better!
Prayer Requests and Praises:
  • Small airplane for training purposes - we need a small certified (not experimental) aircraft with IFR certification to get pilots license up to Instrument rating.
  • Praise that my parent's house in Edgewood has sold, my brother and his wife and kids will be moving to this area, and we have what we need to finish our house, so we don't all have to live in the 1-bedroom single-wide mobile home!
  • Decisions - I'm struggling with a decision of whether or not to get a job as a nurse. The benefit would be that I could get my training done quicker, but it would take away an element of learning to trust God fully for every need. Please pray that if God wants me to get a job, He will make it plain to me and lead me to where He wants me.
  • A highly experienced mission pilot and his wife are considering the possibility of joining our team. Please pray that God's will will be done.


    The sun has been shining here in Hepler, and Spring is definitely here! The trees are leafing out and the grass is green and growing! Last week I spent most of my time working outside, picking up construction debris that the wind had blown all over the place and then mowing the lawn. On Thursday of last week I got some of the garden planted, but the the worst thunderstorm we have had blew in that night and uncovered some of the seeds. There are signs of growth, though, so I don't think it damaged the garden too badly. That was quite a storm! As we were sitting here in the house, the wind sounded like a freight train and it was so dark it looked like the sun was completely down, even though it was only about 7:15 in the evening. Our mobile home really shuddered and moaned in the 60+ mph wind, but its anchored firmly to rock :) Reminds me of how we are to be anchored firmly to our Rock, Jesus, and when the winds blow, we may shudder and groan, but we cannot be moved!

    Towards the end of last week, my parent's home in Edgewood, NM finally sold! My brother and his wife have been living in it, so now they are planning on moving here to Hepler. Ray is very involved with Hope On Wings as well, so it will be very nice to have him nearby. They are planning on moving into the mobile home we are currently living in, so now there is a flurry of activity to get our house at least campable. The water line just got hooked up yesterday, so in the next couple of days we will have a working shower, toilet, and kitchen sink :) There is so much that needs to be done, but only 7 work days left before Dad heads down to NM to help Ray and Crystal move. The last few days have been filled with hanging sheetrock, taping, and mudding . . . I'll be glad when we can move on to the painting! 

    Wow, I have now typed three or four paragraphs and then deleted every one of them! There is a lot on my mind and heart and I'm not sure how to share it! The past couple of months have been difficult ones and yet awesome ones! I have had more time to spend with God, and the more I look to Him the more pitiful I see myself to be. I say that I wouldn't choose to serve any other God, but then I look at my life more closely, and realize that self still sits on the throne more often than not . . . and then I get so frustrated because once again I have neglected to give God the controls. He wants ALL of me, not just what it is convenient to give. Its so simple, and yet so hard. But His character MUST be reproduced in me, otherwise He won't recognize me when He comes to take His children home. So now is the time for me to learn these things. I really believe that He has given me this time in order to teach me how to fully surrender so that He can use me. Even though it seems that nothing is going the way I think it should . . . we still have no airplane, no flight instructor, and no funding to remedy either of those problems. I work everyday outside doing things that don't seem to have any relation to being a mission pilot. And yet, every problem that comes my way, every failure, every success, is part of my training. Learning how to lean on God, to give up my perceived right to defend myself, to blend my desires with God's desires, to separate myself from the world, and how to allow God to change me into someone He can use. I don't want anything blocking Him from living in me. 

    Anyhow, I don't want to ramble on for too long, lol :) However, I do want to share one Bible verse with you that I discovered not too long ago. Its found in Ezequiel 24:25.

    And you, son of man, will it not be in the day when I take from them their stronghold, their joy and their glory, the desire of their eyes, and that on which they set their minds, their sons and their daughters.

    Strongholds - everything that I put my trust in (such as training, jobs, money, other people, etc)
    My joy and glory - pride, selfishness, looks, intelligence . . . everything that I love more than him.
    The desire of my eyes - things I value more than God, or things I do instead of spending time with God . . . could be spouse, books, pleasure, movies
    That on which I set my mind - what I think about

    God wants to take away all of these things so that He may become my stronghold. He wants to be my joy and glory and the desire of my eyes. And He desires that I set my mind to thinking about Him. Wow. He wants to be absolutely everything to me! He will strip away everything else, all of my security attempts to conform to the world, in order to become the central and leading figure in my life. It can be a painful journey, and I may not understand why He asks me to give up some of the things He wants me to, but it is the only way. What an AWESOME God we serve!

    In His service,

    Corrie







    Our Mandate
    God's people have a mighty work before them, a work that must continually rise to greater prominence. Our efforts in missionary lines must become far more extensive. A more decided work than has been done must be done prior to the second appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. God's people are not to cease their labors until they shall encircle the world.--6T 23, 24

    Click on this link to read this and past newsletters on the website.  http://HopeOnWings.org/news.html
    Click Here to make tax deductible donation online  This is where you can easily set up an automatic $10 or more monthly deduction from your account or do a one time donation of any size.
    OR....
    Send tax deductible donations by check payable to:
    Hope On Wings Foundation
    PO BOX 122
    Hepler, KS  66746
    Hope on Wings Foundation is a tax exempt 501C3 organization.

    --
    Corrie Sample
    Mission Pilot in Training
    Hope on Wings Foundation
    PO BOX 122 Hepler, KS 66746





    Ok, and now on to a little more detail :) 

    No comments: