Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Most recent - Rainbows of Promise

Dear Prayer Partners,

A quick note before the letter I wrote back at the house. When I got down to the office here and connected to the Internet, I was so pleased to feel the waves of love from the home base. The donations are coming in.  I have not had a chance to check on prices yet but I don't doubt for a minute that God is going to provide the exact amount we need.  At the very least, Rose will travel by plane even if I need to take the luggage on the ship.  I don't mind the ship and have survived it before. THANK YOU!

I apologize for the errors in the last email. I was embarrassed as I looked at the grammar and spelling mistakes when the email showed up in my inbox. I had to rush things a bit and didn't do my usual proof reading.

Dr. Rose slept all day yesterday while I went to town to take care of faxing some paperwork over to Madang regarding our planned series over there and send the email to everyone. She was feeling a bit better by evening and God strengthened her to speak. Again this morning she was strengthened. It is really obvious that without God's strength she could not stand and preach with such power.

This morning's meeting was about the significance of the rainbow. She talked about how the covering that made the ceiling of the tabernacle was the color of the rainbow and it reflected on the gold side walls. I learned that God has instructed us through the Spirit of Prophecy that whenever we teach the ten commandments we must teach about the rainbow as well. God's throne where the law is kept is encircled by a rainbow symbolizing His mercy. The law is about justice and the rainbow is about mercy. We are also told that the angels rejoice every time they see the rainbow because it is the symbol of the promise of salvation (covenant) which centers around His justice and mercy.

The people were visibly moved as Rose talked about the many times God has answered her and encouraged her through the rainbow. By the end of the meeting everyone was expectantly looking to the west for God's sign that He was with them. He did not disappoint them.  Just as we began singing the song for the alter call (I have decided to follow Jesus) a faint rainbow began to shimmer in the early morning light.  As we continued to sing it got stronger and stronger. The part that impressed me was that they were the first to see it and point it out. They were expectantly waiting for it. It continued to be visible through the quiz time up to the closing prayer.  The part I liked was that we did not have to deal with rain. The cloud went on its way without giving us any rain.

It seems that God is working on some hearts here. Some have asked me how they can help Hope On Wings. They are quite proud that they assisted in raising the money for the plane that was purchased from the 13th Sabbath offering in 2008.  They have also asked how they might help us with funds to go on to Madang. We can see God is really working and they are caring for us with tender love. They are very happy that I can come and sit down with them and help them to understand Dr. Rose's needs. Today I helped them understand how they could cut the fruits without contaminating them. Dr. Rose is really sensitive to any germs from the water or surrounding environment. They are eager to learn.  They even brought breakfast for her this morning at 4am!  Now that is love!

So far I have been blessed with good health other than a bit of a sore throat that responded well to eating raw Noni Fruit that grows naturally here. Not the best tasting stuff but it gives immediate relief to the pain of a sore throat.

One way God is stretching our money is that we have not had to pay for anything here. Even the fax I needed to send yesterday was paid for by the local governor who is one of the elders of the Vanimo Town Church.  It just may be that God wants them to participate in this and that is why we had to arrive here with only $60 in our hands besides the US money I could not get exchanged because it was too old.

Unfortunately it is not mango season. I see well developed mangos hanging from the trees but they won't be ripe till after we leave. We have to settle for unlimited fresh pineapple and papaya. Well maybe not unlimited but we haven't run out yet.

One way that I suggested that they help Hope On Wings was to campaign for the money to finish paying for our property here at the airport so someone else doesn't get it before we get the money to finish paying for it.  The need there is for about $5500 to $6000 depending on the exchange rate when we make the final payment.  Business is beginning to pick up here in Vanimo and we will not be able to delay much longer if we want to keep our initial investment.

I am so eager to get out into the bush where the real needs are.  I don't know if that will be possible on this trip.  I was so hoping.  Maybe I will get someone to drive me to Bewani for an overnight if Rose can spare me.  There is land there that has been given to the mission for a laymen training school.  The landowner who gave the land is a member of the Vanimo town church. She is a precious little widow who is now the head deaconess here. What a beautiful servant heart she has!  Yesterday she asked if she could enter the sanctuary to clean the floors. I didn't know so I asked Dr. Rose and her eyes lit right up as she said "absolutely!" 

I would like to get pictures.  I made the mistake of leaving my camera battery charger and spare battery at home so I will only get what I can take with the one battery.  It should be several hundred pictures but I am very careful what I take.

It is really fun to talk with leaders here. They get a real kick out of it when I can name all the villages up the Sepik River in their territory.  Most have never been into the interior so they like to "see it" through my eyes. When I asked in church if anyone would go to work as a volunteer missionary in the bush, one lady quickly raised her hand. She was on the trip I mentioned that Silas took to Green River and is quite a little missionary.  Her name is Florence.  I'll be sure to get pictures of her. She is also the one that wrote the welcome song for us.

The need for the little bush plane is so obvious when I am here and the people are really excited about the potential. The District Director doesn't get to very many of his churches in one year. They are just too inaccessible and spread out.  I believe the time has come and we will need to move quickly if we want to be a part of what God is going to do in this corner of the world. It is an inestimable privilege to be a part of this and will greatly strengthen the faith of each of us who participate.  If we hesitate others will move forward and take our place. God will not let these people go without being warned of His soon coming. The one thing that shows God's love and touches lives the most is a healing ministry accompanied by sharing personal testimony of what God has done for us.  The very thing that Jesus demonstrated with his life.

I love the promise that those who send will enjoy the same rewards as those who go. There needs to be so much more sending!  Dr. Rose was talking this morning about a sermon she heard about needing to THROW more missionaries into the field.  The idea was that there is so much more need we need to be putting all our strength and resources into this work to finish God's work of warning the whole world of the soon to be closed door of mercy.

Thanks so much for the part you play in making this work in Papua New Guinea possible.  This piece of real estate has more "tongues" per square mile than any other in the world and many do not have anyone who knows the special message we share. It is way past time for Laodicea to wake up don't you think?

Keep praying!  God has shown Himself and I saw it with my own eyes this morning in the promised rainbow at the exact time in the program it was expected by Dr. Rose.

In His service,

Jack Sample
Director
Hope On Wings Foundation

P.S. We don't want to forget our needs on the home front. We are about a month behind on expenses there. We are so much in need of getting the BushKing kit as soon as it is available. They are waiting for us here!

Visit our website at http://hopeonwings.org/ to give online or send check to...

Hope On Wings
PO BOX 122
Hepler, KS  66746





No comments: