Sunday, February 20, 2011

February Update

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, what a month! It's not quite over yet, but February has already been full to overflowing with activity!  The first week found me driving from Placerville, CA to Pueblo, CO in my van fully loaded with everything I own. The poor vehicle was sitting very low on its haunches and found it difficult to climb over mountains, but God's angels were with me and I made it safely.  I spent nearly two weeks in Pueblo, visiting with friends and sharing mission stories and pictures in church and in various homes. It is such a blessing to share what God is doing in my life, because then others are drawn out and start sharing what He is doing in their lives as well. This results in a praise session as we realize just how much God has blessed!

One week ago today, I completed the last leg of my journey, arriving home in Hepler, KS around 7p last Sunday. God blessed us with a week of warmer weather, some days nearly reaching 70 degrees! As a result, we spent the majority of every day working outside on the construction project. But my favorite part of the day is the evening. Once we are cleaned up and sitting around relaxing, Dad sometimes goes over various flight concepts. I love it when I have one-on-one with a teacher instead of having a bunch of classmates! I'm able to ask questions and clarify concepts until they are clear in my mind, which helps me to remember them later. But at 8:00p our activity stops. We gather in the living room and then pray and read together for family worship. What a way to end a day! The day begins with personal prayer and devotions and then ends with the family coming together and praying, reading, and discussing spiritual things. It is such a blessing!

So for now, the days are filled with construction work and my evenings are filled with ground school and family time. One week from today, my Dad will be heading to Papua New Guinea for one month. He is going with my aunt Larose McCluskey, who will be doing two 'Follow the Lamb' seminars in two coastal cities. I would have loved to have gone with them, but God did not see fit to provide for my tickets and I'm needed here at the home base for now.

Thanks so much to each one of you for your prayers. It is your prayers that are making any of this possible, because they give God permission to act in our behalf. I have seen Him working in so many ways, both in my personal life as well as for Hope On Wings Foundation.

--
Corrie Sample
Mission Pilot in Training
Hope on Wings Foundation
PO BOX 122 Hepler, KS 66746



No comments: